About the job
As our DevOps engineer, you are the main driver of improving our development environments, workflows around automated testing and CI/CD, and you are in charge of managing and improving our GCP based infrastructure.
The product development team currently consists out of 16 members and is expected to grow significantly towards the end of the year.
You will be involved in different projects to ensure easy setup of Docker based development environments, expand our pipelines in GitLab and optimise ease of use and cost for our K8s based infrastructure.
Our platform is built on modern technologies like Vue.js, Node.js, and Laravel. For testing we use Jest, Cypress and PHPUnit. We work with VMs and Kubernetes Engine on Google Cloud Platform and run GitLab for CI/CD. You will join a highly skilled team of developers (and designers) who enjoy a technical challenge and care about maximising product value and user experience.
Your main responsibilities:
- Make our Docker based local development environments dead simple to use
- Expand our testing and deployment pipelines on GitLab
- Manage our projects(s) on Google Cloud Platform and look for opportunities to reduce cost or improve performance
- Move more and more towards infrastructure as code
- Keep improving things to work towards continuous deployment
- Guide developers and create a scalable approach around running services locally
- Contribute to a great engineering culture with a focus on scalability